ALWAYS HERE FOR OUR COMMUNITY
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
YMCA of Catawba Valley
The Y empowers everyone, no matter who they are or where they’re from, by ensuring access to resources, relationships and opportunities for all to learn, grow and thrive. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, the Y’s goal is to improve overall health and well-being, ignite youth empowerment and demonstrate the importance of connections in and across the entire Catawba Valley region.
Organizational Profile Facts & Figures
The YMCA serves and strengthens our community through focused, strategic programs. A few highlights:
- The Y engages over 25,000 youth and adults each year. Each day more than 1,000 people visit each YMCA campus for services.
- 34% of program usage comes from individuals who are identify as African American, Asian, Hispanic or other.
- The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership totaling $894,226 in 2020.
- The Y is often the first place of employment for young people under 26 years of age (56% of our workforce is 26 and under). The YMCA of Catawba Valley employs 42 full time, 125 part time, 55 seasonal, 939 volunteer opportunities.
- According to the unique needs of the communities.
- The Y offers programs, services and initiatives for ages 6 weeks to 85+, focusing on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Six Areas of Opportunity
The areas of opportunity where infusing diversity, equity, inclusion and global principles, practices and strategy can help strengthen our YMCA and its ability to operate in, connect and serve our increasingly diverse and changing communities.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith — they guide everything we do.