YMCA Vision for the Future
To continue the Y’s impactful work for generations to come, it is important to build state-of-the-art facilities that meet today’s needs. A renovated YMCA will create open environments allowing members to engage in health and wellness programs and will position our organization to respond to future community opportunities and challenges.
Transforming Lives, Building Community FOR ALL
Our YMCA is a community of people dedicated to building healthy, confident, secure and connected children, families and communities. Our feasibility study identified a few themes that resonated strongly with prospective donors:
- The YMCA is a critical aspect of attracting and retaining professionals and young families to Hickory, Conover, and the entire Catawba Valley region.
- The YMCA develops strong, healthy, confident children and families.
- The YMCA is dedicated to increasing its reach and serving all people through valuable programs and services.
Design and Construction Features Include:
- A community gathering spot – fostering socialization, while enhancing safety and security
- Comprehensive design principles, accommodating the needs of users with disabilities
- Holistic health and wellness programming spaces
- Larger, state-of-the-art wellness space
- Improved childcare and early learning center space
- Enhanced visual appearance to strengthen the area’s ability to attract and retain families to support economic development
- New, highly visible kids adventure center
- Enhanced opportunities for teens
Levels of Investment & Naming Opportunities
Our buildings are tools. Our programs are methods. Our mission is achieved by the impact we have on peoples’ lives by their participation in YMCA programs and services. As a way to contribute to funding for valuable facilities and resources, we have permanent acknowledgments and naming opportunities available at each branch. Reach out to our Development Office to learn more about our initiatives.