The worst part about Bingo has got to be that there is only one winner. You’re so close, only one spot left to fill… and someone else call out – BINGO! At the Catawba Valley YMCA’s this month we’ve thrown the one winner rule for bingo right out the window! That means with our Bingo Fitness Challenge you can win all through the month of March! There are two prize categories: complete 5 squares and present your card to the front desk staff to win a prize, or complete the entire card for a free month of membership dues!
Well of course now you’re hooked! So let’s get started because there are more wins in this game of Bingo than meets the eye! The completion of each square will provide you with an activity or experience that involves healthy living, youth development, or social responsibility (Recognize those three? They are the YMCA’s core values!). For the full YMCA Fitness Bingo experience, I definitely suggest picking out a few from each of the categories to participate in! Check out the categories below!
- – In our last post, we mentioned the wonderful Community Health Fair hosted by our Hickory location! If you were unable to attend that one, there is another Community Health Fair coming up on March 20th at our Conover location.
- – Take a fitness class! Trying a new group exercise class marks off one of your squares, but we’ve included tons of other classes as squares because they are so much fun! The Group Ex classes that help with your Bingo Challenge are: Yoga, Hip Hop Bam/Zumba, Power Cuts, Bootcamp, Spin, Piyo/Bar, SilverSneakers/Pilates/TRX.
Youth Development & Social Responsibility:
One of the biggest reasons that our YMCA is more than just a gym is because we ensure that our members know they are family and we work to build a community of support! The boxes you cross off in these categories help strengthen that community.
- -Introduce yourself to a staff member! Meet somebody new! Our staff are here for you, in the least meeting a new staff member will give you another smiling face to look forward to each time you visit!
- -Visit a location you don’t normally visit. If you always head to our Hickory location for your workouts, stop by our Conover location. Each of our locations is unique, so you may find something you love there!
- -Bring a friend to the Y! Grow your YMCA family with a friend. You can check off two boxes at once if you stop by the front desk and grab your friend a one week guest pass!
- -Donate to our Annual Giving Campaign! This box means so much to us! Every year we launch our Annual Giving Campaign so that we can support and provide for the fellow members of your YMCA family. Even a small gift of $10 can help us provide an opportunity to someone that may not have it otherwise. Stop by our front desk to get more information on Annual Giving and how you can help!!
BONUS – Social Media:
- – Follow us on Twitter or Instagram! Or like us on Facebook! We use our social media to let you know what’s going on at your YMCA of Catawba Valley, so follow along!
- – Rate us on Facebook or Google! We love hearing the impact of the YMCA in your life, when you share that impact with others it helps us to reach those around us!
Bingo is fun, but of course it’s even better when you know you can win!! We hope to see you marking off your squares all month! And remember, you can keep playing until March 31st!
Nat Auten, YMCA of Catawba Valley President & CEO